Monday, March 9, 2009

Petunia Doyley


All of my tatting during December/January was given away, and it was only afterwards that I remembered that I hadn't photographed it. This is my first completed project for 2009. I fell in love with old-fashioned tatting in white and ecru, and although I admire all the lovely things
that are being produced these days, I look at this doiley and think it would have been better in white. Perhaps it is because I haven't the talent for choosing colours. I think it is more that I am a control freak and dislike the fact that where the colour change occurs is out of my control.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The doily is beautiful! I know what you mean, I love plain white tatting. Always have, always will. I do find it fun to tat small items with Hand Dyed Threads. It's fun! LOL!

Unknown said...

Hello Dorelle! I just came back over to invite you to my party!

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)