Friday, May 1, 2009

Back on track




It has been a while since I caught up with my blog. So much has been happening in the family, including a wedding and my husband's retirement, and the days just fly by.

I also paused to crochet a granny aquare cape. My friend makes capes to give to the District Nurses to distribute to elderly patients who need a little extra warmth
around the shoulders and back, now that our cooler weather is here.

Although I like to crochet, especially for a cause, my fingers itched for my shuttles, and I have begun a table mat, using Jon Yusoff's square motif. I have done "four along" and now I am on the "three across". Thanks to Jon for sharing this pretty motif. The thread is Altin Basak 50, Shade 316

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

My, you have been busy! I love the granny square cape... what a fabulous gift for nursing home residents! Your table mat is coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing the final piece!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Lovely granny square cape. It will be a lovely gift!

The table mat is coming along nicely. Very nice motif indeed!

Unknown said...

What a lovely tatted mat! Thanks for sharing!